বৃহস্পতিবার, ২০ জুন, ২০১৩

Katy Perry talks Russell Brand, John Mayer relationships: 'These ...

Katy Perry, the reigning princess of bubble-gum pop, has just scored her first Vogue cover, and the singer was ready to open up about her "broken bird" relationships -- particularly with Russell Brand and John Mayer.

Among the biggest revelations: Brand divorced Perry via text message, and Perry claims to still be in love with Mayer -- but she doesn't want to be with him anymore.

When talking about Brand, her ex-husband, Perry seems to express an almost melancholy regret for the lost love. "He's a very smart man, and I was in love with him when I married him," Perry says of her 14-month marriage to the British comedian. "At first when I met him he wanted an equal, and I think a lot of times strong men do want an equal, but then they get that equal and they're like, 'I can't handle the equalness.'"

Although Brand did not join Perry much while she was on tour -- the singer explains Brand's absence from her "Katy Perry: Part of Me" movie with "there wasn't any footage of him" -- when he did come, there was a lot of tension. "He didn't like the atmosphere of me being the boss on tour," Perry explains. "So that was really hurtful, and it was very controlling."

Perry doesn't give a lot of details about what ended the marriage (even though Brand's public jokes at his wife's expense didn't help). She mentions only "the real truth, which I can't necessarily disclose because I keep it locked in my safe for a rainy day."

In the end, it was Brand who ended the relationship. "Let's just say I haven't heard from him since he texted me saying he was divorcing me Dec. 31, 2011," is Perry's answer on how everything turned out.

John Mayer is Katy Perry's other big celebrity relationship. But that's categorically "over," according to Perry. The singer says that it was, however, a relationship based on love and not revenge against Brand. "I was madly in love with him. I am still madly in love with him," Perry insists. "All I can say about that relationship is that he's got a beautiful mind. Beautiful mind, tortured soul. I do have to figure out why I am attracted to these broken birds."

For the moment, Perry is single -- and okay with that. "I'm not in a relationship. I'm just on my own," she says. "I have to be happy being alone, and I am happy." This doesn't mean that Katy Perry expects to be alone forever though. "I believe that I will be loved again, in the right way. I know I'm worth it."

Source: http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2013/06/katy-perry-talks-russell-brand-john-mayer-relationships-these-broken-birds.html

bo jackson bo jackson hanukkah justin tv justin tv Sarah Savage Jaimie Alexander

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন